We are Hiring!!!!!
The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre has existed since 1978 to support and empower women and children living in extreme poverty in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
High levels of violence, homelessness, addictions and poverty characterize this community where women and children are particularly vulnerable to exploitation, injustice and injury.
Through the Drop-In Centre and Emergency Night Shelter, we provide practical support to over 500 women and children daily to survive the conditions of ill health and violence that surround them.
We work to provide security, basic needs and support to encourage women to make long-term changes by identifying and removing barriers to full participation in the larger community.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST CANDIDATES TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
- Manager Administration and Operations
- Facilities Coordinator
- Peer Support Worker
- You have at least 2 years’ experience working with low-income women, at least 2 years in a women serving or inner-city drop-in environment
- You are knowledgeable of the issues impacting women in the DTES, including gender-based violence, mental health, homelessness, and addictions with an understanding of trauma-informed care responses.
- You work from a feminist analysis and within an anti-oppression framework
- You have familiarity of referral with support services, agencies and community resources in the Downtown Eastside
- You have strong conflict resolution skills and practice
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to work in a respectful and cooperative manner with co-workers, and center members
- You remain calm and focused while working within a chaotic and crises environment
Send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website https://dewc.ca/career
Indigenous women and women of colour are strongly encouraged to apply / Additional languages spoken an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com