You are an experienced Piling Lead Hand. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations of industrial piling projects, including quality control, safety, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people. You will ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor Foundations team in Kitimat!
- Responsible for overseeing an assigned team of piling workers
- Ensuring all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner
- In charge of coordinating work tasks across multiple areas
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans and specifications and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or any other authorities
- Oversee the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and returns equipment to storage
- Previous experience as a Piling Lead Hand
- Experience with steel driven piles, concrete cast-in-place piles, sheet piles, CFA piles, other shoring methods and tie backs
- Experience working on large scale industrial and infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to communicate information clearly and in appropriate style
- Ability to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Lvl C with CPR and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates.
- This is a site based role in Kitimat BC
- Camp and travel provided for those that qualify
- Work will be outside in all weather conditions
- Candidates must be flexible to work various shift rotations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.